- Minimum Python version: 3.6
- Recommended Python version: 3.7.5 or later
- Dependent libraries: requests, py7zr
Install by pip command¶
Same as usual, it can be installed with pip
$ pip install aqtinstall
General usage looks like this:
aqt [-h][--help][-O | --outputdir <directory>][-b | --base <mirror url>][-E | --external <7zip command>] \ install <qt-version> <host> <target> [<arch>] [-m all | -m [extra module] [extra module]...] [--internal] [--archives <archive>[ <archive>...]] [--timeout <timeout(sec)>]
You can also call with
python -m aqt syntax as well as command script
- The Qt version is formatted like this: 5.11.3
- Host is one of: linux, mac, windows
- Target is one of: desktop, android, ios (iOS only works with mac host)
- For some platforms you also need to specify an arch:
- For windows, choose one of:
- win64_msvc2019_64, win32_msvc2019,
- win64_msvc2017_64, win32_msvc2017,
- win64_msvc2015_64, win32_msvc2015,
- win64_mingw81, win32_mingw81,
- win64_mingw73, win32_mingw73,
- win64_mingw53, win32_mingw53,
- win64_msvc2019_winrt_x64, win64_msvc2019_winrt_x86, win64_msvc2019_winrt_armv7
- win64_msvc2017_winrt_x64, win64_msvc2017_winrt_x86, win64_msvc2017_winrt_armv7
- For android and Qt 5.13 or below, choose one of: android_x86_64, android_arm64_v8a, android_x86, android_armv7
- You can specify external 7zip command path instead of built-in extractor.
- When specifying all for extra modules option -m all extra modules are installed.
Installing tool and utility (Experimental)¶
You can install tools and utilities using following syntax;
python -m aqt [-h][--help][-O | --outputdir <directory>][-b | --base <mirror url>][-E | --external <7zip command>] \ tool <host> <tool_name> <tool-version> <arch> [--timeout <timeout>]
- tool_name is one of tools_ifw, tools_vcredist, and tools_openssl.
- arch is full qualified tool name such as qt.tools.ifw.31 which values can be seen on Qt archive_site This is a quite experimental feature, may not work and please use it with your understanding of what you are doing.
- It does not recognize ‘installscript.qs’. When using tools which depends on a qt script, you should do something by yourself.
aqt can take option ‘–outputdir’ or ‘-O’ that specify a target directory.
The Qt packages are installed under current directory as such Qt/<ver>/gcc_64/ If you want to install it in C:Qt as same as standard gui installer default, run such as follows:
C:\> mkdir Qt C:\> aqt install --outputdir c:\Qt 5.11.3 windows desktop win64_msvc2019_64